Jackfruit which is called as “कटहल” in Hindi is very famous vegetable. The jackfruit is mainly found and seen in south Asia, east Africa, Uganda, Brazil and Mauritius. Although people use jack fruit as a vegetable or fruit but beside of it, it has many medical properties. People usually make pickles of jack fruit.
Properties present in Jackfruit
Jackfruit is rich in:
Use of jack fruit in Ayurveda:
Jackfruit has many medical properties and it act as a medicines in many ways:
- Good for treating the ulcers problems Consumed of ripe fruit is likely to be diarrhea. Herbal experts recommend its ripe fruit for indigestion and gas patient. The jackfruit leaves ash is very useful for the treatment of ulcers. Take 4-5 dry leaves of jack fruit and make powder of it. Ulcer patient can get relief by eating this mixture.
- Boost immunity: Most fruits have their immune boosting function attributed to the presence of high levels of vitamin C. In Jackfruits there is not only vitamin C but also contains simple sugars that helps in improving the immunity of the body.
- Good for digestion: Jackfruit contains large amount of water and very rich, which helps the person to get relief from the problem of constipation and also improves the digestion and digestive system. But, according to Ayurveda, jackfruit (especially the smaller raw ones), might be difficult to digest for people who suffer from serious digestive problems.
- Best for improving the skin tone: Like all other antioxidant rich foods, jackfruit helps in providing protection against skin damage and wrinkles due to early aging induced by free radicals.
- Maintains Blood Pressure: Potassium which is present in the jack fruit is a very important component for the cells and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.