Turmeric and milk has natural antibiotic properties. Including these two natural ingredients in your everyday diet can prevent diseases and infections. Turmeric when mixed with milk can be very beneficial for number of health problems. This is an effective remedy to fight hazardous environmental toxins and harmful microorganisms.
RECIPE for Turmeric Milk:
- Take 1 inch piece (FRESH) Turmeric root. If Fresh type is not available then use 1 level tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 150 mls or I glass Milk.
- Boil Turmeric and Milk for 15 minutes.
- Strain the milk (remove fresh Turmeric piece out)
- Cool it and drink this milk.
Benefits of Turmeric Milk:
- Respiratory illness: Turmeric milk is an anti-microbial which attacks bacterial infections and viral infections. It is useful to treat illnesses related to respiratory system, since the spice heats up your body and provides quick relief from lung congestion and sinuses. This is also an effective remedy to cure asthma and bronchitis.
- Cancer: This milk prevents and stops the growth of breast, skin, lung, prostate, and colon cancers, since it has anti-inflammatory properties. This prevents cancer cells from damaging DNA and reduces the side effects of chemotherapy.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Turmeric milk is anti-inflammatory, that can prevent and protect arthritis and stomach ulcers. This is also known as ‘natural aspirin’ in Ayurveda medicine that can cure headaches, swelling and pain.
- Cold and Cough: Turmeric Milk is considered as a best remedy for cold and cough due to its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It gives instant relief to sore throat, cough and cold.
- Arthritis: Turmeric Milk is used to cure arthritis and treat swelling due to rheumatoid arthritis. It also helps to make the joints and muscles flexible by reducing the pain.
- Aches and Pains: Turmeric golden milk gives best relief from aches and pains. This can also strengthen the spine and joints in the body.
- Antioxidant: Turmeric milk is excellent source of antioxidants, which fights free radicals. This can cure many ailments.
- Blood Purifier: Turmeric Milk is considered as an excellent blood purifier and cleanser in Ayurveda tradition. It can revitalize and boost blood circulation in the body. It is also a blood thinner that cleanses the lymphatic system and blood vessels from all impurities.
- Liver Detox: Turmeric milk is a natural liver detoxifier and blood purifier that boosts liver function. It supports the liver and cleanses the lymphatic system.
- Bone Health: Turmeric milk is a good source of calcium which is a must to keep the bones healthy and strong. India’s batting legend Sachin Tendulkar drinks this daily for good bone health. Turmeric milk lowers bone loss and osteoporosis.
- Digestive Health: It is a powerful antiseptic that promotes intestinal health and treats stomach ulcers and colitis. This helps in better digestive health and prevents ulcers, diarrhea and indigestion.
- Menstrual Cramps: Turmeric milk works wonder as it is antispasmodic that eases menstrual cramps and pain. Pregnant women should take golden turmeric milk for easy delivery, post-partum recovery, improved lactation and faster contraction of ovaries.
- Rash and Skin Redness: Cleopatra took turmeric milk baths for soft, supple and glowing skin. Similarly, drink turmeric milk for glowing skin. Soak turmeric milk in a cotton ball; apply on the affected area for 15 minutes to reduce skin redness and blotchy patches. This will make the skin more radiant and glowing than before.
- Weight Loss: Turmeric milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful to control weight.
- Eczema: Drink a glass of turmeric milk every day to treat eczema.
- Insomnia: Warm turmeric milk produces an amino acid, tryptophan; that induces peaceful and blissful sleep.