Lemon which everyone love to use to make their food sour in order to add more nourishment. It is used everywhere like:
- To make pickle
- Nourishing skin
- Removing dead skin
In spite of having such qualities it plays a very important role in the field of Ayurveda. It helps to relieve constipation and gastro-enteritis.
- Effect of Lemon on Tridosha: Although lemon is sour in taste. It decreases Vata and kapha but increases Pitta.
- Ripe lemon decreases Pitta and Kapha.
- Lemon benefits for face and skin: It enhances the glow of skin and removes the acne.
- Varnya: It also helps in improving the complexion and skin texture
- Lemon use in weight loss: Hot water lemon therapy is a famous home remedy for weight loss. Drinking a glass of hot water, mixed along with 1–2 spoons of lemon juice extract, early in the morning, on empty stomach decreases fat deposition. Obesity is related with Kapha dosha, and lemon decreases Kapha.